This version was last revised on June 30th 2020.
1. Data controller
SirFish shall be the data controller for these purposes, and may be contacted using the contact details below:
Post: Raamstraat 13/2.02, 3500 Hasselt
By telephone: +32 11 74 78 68
VAT number: BE 0817.080.389
2. Which data do we collect?
We collect the following personal data via our website to ensure that you get the best possible service:
– Your IP address(es) when you visit our website.
– Your name and email address if you enter these details via our contact form or when subscribing to our newsletter. Each newsletter provides you with the option of easily unsubscribing, free of charge.
– Data about your activity on our website.
– Your location data.
– The internet browser and the type of device used while visiting our website.
3.Why do we collect this data?
Firstly, we collect your personal data such as your activity on our website, your location data and your browser and device type, in order to ensure that our website works properly and is easy to use. We do this with the help of cookies (see paragraph 5). Secondly, when you contact us or subscribe to our newsletter, we maintain a record of your name and email address so we can contact you again.
We would like to inform you that we sometimes engage in remarketing. This process enables internet users who have already visited our site to find it again. If you do not agree to this, please use the following link to change your preferences when you visit our site: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/nl/uw-advertentie-voorkeuren
4. What are the legal grounds on which we process your data?
We rely on two legal grounds for processing your data:
– We seek the consent of the data subject for processing their data.
– We process the data of the data subject for the purpose of preparing or performing a contract or service.
Cookies are small text files placed by your browser. They contain information such as the visitor's language preference, so that he or she does not have to re-enter this information the next time he or she visits the same website. Some cookies ensure that a website appears graphically neat, while others ensure that a website application works correctly.
If you wish to block cookies, you can do so via your browser settings. However, please note that certain graphic elements may not appear properly, or that you may not be able to use certain applications if you disable cookies. The SirFish website uses the following cookies:
– Functional cookies: these facilitate and personalise your website visit and your user experience.
– Analytical cookies (from third parties): they collect information to evaluate and improve the content of our website (e.g. Google Analytics cookies). These cookies collect information about your computer and your visit to our website, such as your IP address, the pages you visit, the browser you use, the websites you visited previously, geographical data such as your location, your preferred language, and the time and duration of your visit.
6. Who has access to your data?
SirFish engages third parties for certain (processing) activities, such as website hosting. We conclude processing agreements with such third parties to ensure that your data is processed with the same level of security and confidentiality as is implemented by us. SirFish is not liable if data is damaged or lost due to an error. However, we will do everything possible to resolve this as quickly as possible with the cooperation of such third party. Personal data will not be provided to other parties, except when required by law or a court order. All data will be processed within the EU.
7. How is your personal data secured?
SirFish makes every effort to keep your data as safe as possible. We do this by means of HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure, in short HTTPS. This is an extension of the HTTP protocol with the aim of exchanging data securely. In addition, we promise not to modify or delete your data, unless you ask us to do so (for more information about this, see paragraph 9). We make timely back-ups of the data to ensure that they are not lost.
8. How long will your data be stored?
SirFish does not store your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the goals for which your data is collected.
9. Your rights
There are a few rights that you can invoke as a user.
1. Right to inspect/access
Every user and visitor has the right to request access to his or her information and to view it. He/she may also see how his/her data is processed.
2. Right to rectification
The user has the right to have certain personal data rectified, supplemented or deleted at any time after inspection.
3. Right to be forgotten
The user has the right to have his data completely deleted from all systems and databases.
4. Right to file a complaint
The user may lodge a complaint with the Privacy Committee at any time if he or she believes that their personal data has been collected and processed in an unlawful manner.
5. Right to revoke permission
Every user or visitor from whom personal data is collected, has the right to object to the processing of such data.
6. Right to restriction of processing
The data subject has the right to (temporarily) restrict the processing of his personal data.
7. Right to data portability
The data subject has the right to transfer their personal data to another data controller.
8. Right to object to decisions based on automated processing operations
The user has the right to have the automatic profiling disabled.
If you experience any problems in any of these areas, you may contact SirFish via email@example.com. SirFish cannot process your request without proof of identity.